1. Link the person who tagged you. 2. Mention the rules on your blog. 3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks you possess. 4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them. 5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
My six quirks:
1. My first quirk is that it’s hard for me to recognize many quirks because I have learned to be as flexible as a contortionist. Living with twins with autism teaches you to go with the flow. Anything I really have to have a certain way goes right out the window. I’ve had to think really hard about this because I’m really just not fussy or picky or have to have things a certain way. It would make me crazy if I did! So I guess one of my quirks is that I’m laid back about my environment almost to a fault. But it didn’t come naturally!
2. I have to have a fan running at night while I sleep. This is one thing I can still control about my life. So it’s hard when I go on motorcycle trips and have to sleep somewhere without a fan.
3. I carry huge purses because it has to contain all the twins’ meds. I just don’t know how to travel light, so I usually have a backpack purse with me. And it also has to contain lotion for my hands. I can’t stand for my hands to be dry — ever. Okay, so I slipped another quirk in there. I guess I do have some. Yippee! I’m normal! I was beginning to wonder.
4. I now check my twitter account before my e-mail account. And I do it in a certain way. First, I look for all the links people have posted. Only after I’ve perused all of the links, do I really read what people have written.
5. I love marshmallows. There, I said it. Now the whole world knows. I don’t know why, but I love the darned things. Pure sugar and instant gratification. They are the ultimate comfort food.
6. I hate to shop in stores and do most of my shopping online. I just really don’t like to fight crowds at all and find no great enjoyment in it. Oh, and I know you’re only supposed to have six, but I just though of another one. I hate to talk on the phone. So my cell bill is really cheap — my husband’s is much, much more expensive! And I won’t even begin to hold a candle to my teen’s. Whew.
There, now you know a lot more useless information about me.
Next I need to tag six people to follow suit and post about their quirks.
In case you missed it on 60 Minutes, this is what Andy Rooney thinks about women over 40:
As I grow in age, I value women over 40 most of all. Here are just a few reasons why:
* A woman over 40 will never wake you in the middle of the night and ask, ‘What are you thinking?’ She doesn’t care what you think.
* If a woman over 40 doesn’t want to watch the game, she doesn’t sit around whining about it. She does something she wants to do, and it’s usually more interesting.
* Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won’t hesitate to shoot you if they think they can get away with it.
* Older women are generous with praise, often undeserved. They know what it’s like to be unappreciated.
* Women get psychic as they age. You never have to confess your sins to a woman over 40.
* Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a woman over 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.
* Older women are forthright and honest. They’ll tell you right off if you are a jerk, if you are acting like one. You don’t ever have to wonder where you stand with her.
* Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately, it’s not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart, well-coiffed, hot woman over 40, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pants making a fool of himself with some 22-year old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.
Q: How many women with MENOPAUSE does it take to change a light bulb?
Woman’sAnswer: One! ONLY ONE!!!! And do you know WHY? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb! They don’t even know that the bulb is BURNEDOUT!! They would sit in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it out. And,once they figured it out, they wouldn’t be able to find the #&%!* lightbulbs despite the fact that they’ve been in the SAME CABINET for the past 17 YEARS! But if they did, by some miracle of God, actually find them, 2 DAYS LATER, the chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER THE FREAKING LIGHT BULBS CAME IN!!! BECAUSE NO ONE EVER PICKS UP OR CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!!! IT’S A WONDER WE HAVEN’T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THATARE A FOOT DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS PLACE! AND DON’T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WHO CHANGES THE TOILET PAPER ROLL!!